GawdScape
Upcoming Features - Printable Version

+- GawdScape (https://www.gawdscape.com)
+-- Forum: GawdScape (https://www.gawdscape.com/forum/id-1)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.gawdscape.com/forum/id-2)
+--- Thread: Upcoming Features (/thread/id-7)

Upcoming Features - JTInfinity - 09-28-2017

Hello people of GawdScape, I, JTInfinity, am proud to announce some upcoming features that I have planned out. Here is a list of some features I'm planning on implementing to the server.
1. Mini Games
2. Events (such as Halloween and Christmas)
3. Drivable Roads (A racing event will be followed up)
4. Power of Flight (A racing event will be followed up)
5. Road Side Shops (Vending Machines and stuffs)
6. Clan Wars (Dark VS Light)
7. Contraption Shop (Sells redstone contraptions)

There will be more in the future. A full description of each individual feature will be posted separately. Stay tuned to the forums for any updates.

Powered by Infinity Inc.

RE: Upcoming Features - G_Pompidou - 09-28-2017

Wow. Allthough i ll try to play rather pure vanilla, this sound like a lot of https://www.gawdscape.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png fun hehe. Looking forward to the minigames and racing events (flying? :o).
Hopefully there will be enough players, when you are done building.

Also for the Contraption Shop: Can you tell me more about what it will be? Like, do i put some gold in and get a machinery? Or do i "pay" someone to build me some curcuit-thingy thhttps://www.gawdscape.com/images/smilies/biggrin.pngat i am not able to build, because i am redstone noob?

Being excited

Note: yes the smiley didnt work.. somehow. i ll leave the link there Big Grin

RE: Upcoming Features - JTInfinity - 09-28-2017

The Contraption Shop will most likely not be implemented, it's purpose is to sell blocks or items that can only be spawned in like blocks with specific NBT datas.
It may not be implemented due to the difficulty of making a shop that sells such items.

RE: Upcoming Features - G_Pompidou - 09-28-2017

ah i understand. well, if players need something special and they have plausible reasons.. they might apply in the forum the get such item, without an automated shop..?! Smile
for sure wont be me Big Grin

RE: Upcoming Features - CoolV1994 - 10-11-2017

I am looking forward to all your ideas being implemented.
I as well plan on having special events for all of the major holidays. Christmas, New Years, Easter, Halloween, 4th of July (maybe), and others.
I also plan on setting up roads around the server. I have considered making a plugin to automatically make roads as new parts of the world is generated. I'm not entirely certain on that yet though.
As for the redstone contraptions, I think that would be a cool idea and it may be somewhat difficult to implement, I do believe it would be entirely possible and a nice addition t the server.

RE: Upcoming Features - G_Pompidou - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 05:13 AM)CoolV1994 Wrote: I as well plan on having special events for all of the major holidays. Christmas, New Years, Easter, Halloween, 4th of July (maybe), and others.

Quote:Yeah!! Hehe. 4th July. We should implement 1st May. National Holiday for Austria xd and every other holiday --> leads to "a holiday each day" :Big Grin just joking.
Please be so kind to announce those events at least a week ahead, so I/we can plan to be online at specific times then. Thanks!

I also plan on setting up roads around the server. I have considered making a plugin to automatically make roads as new parts of the world is generated. I'm not entirely certain on that yet though.
Quote:I am pro and con that idea too. As i understand it, it will be like a road appears at - lets say - every 5000 blocks automatically in a straight line. So we get a nice uhm "coordinate system".
Making this automatically work.. wow. This sounds like a loooot of work :Smile

Will this work with mountains, oceans (driving over an ocean monument, being attacked?), every terrain?

I think this wont be a problem, but this thought crossed my mind: if someone wants to build his/her huge something at a certain place, and then there is already a road, will he/she be able to change the track?

It will for sure make people just drive a looong way in one direction, generating new area.. ^^

As for the redstone contraptions, I think that would be a cool idea and it may be somewhat difficult to implement, I do believe it would be entirely possible and a nice addition t the server.

Quote:JT said to me, this probably wont happen. He actually said the same as you, "hard to do, but possible' Big Grin

RE: Upcoming Features - CoolV1994 - 10-12-2017

I plan on having events for all the major holidays in America, I would also like to have events for all the major holidays for other countries as well, just post the holidays and their dates on the forums and I'll do my best to implement them. I plan on posting the event dates on the forum calendar so everyone xan find them easily.

I dont think making the road plugin should be too much work, it'll be a bit of work up front but it'll save a lot of time and effort in the future. As for mountains and other terrain, that is a concern that i dint think about yet but shouldn't be too hard to work around. As of now for the auto generated roads I'm planning on just having the roads be flat running on Y=65 which is 1 above sea level and having them tunnel through mountains.

With the redstone contraptions, if JT doesn't want to do the coding for them I can take care of that. I think thats a neat idea and I would like to have that feature implemented onto the server.

RE: Upcoming Features - G_Pompidou - 10-14-2017

Holidays: too lazy to post and also choose which ones are important here in austria... o0 Many of them are just christian-holidays too.. Lets see how this thing develops hehe. 4th july --> good there are fireworks in mc Smile
Roads: wow tunnels. that sounds cool. i also had the thought to put them underground? so the nice view above isnt disturbed, but then.. oceans, driving underwater? hmm... and also you dont see the biomes then - cant enjoy the view while driving.. The only thing i wouldnt like, is when the roads would be "too close" to each other. The world shouldnt look like a city imo Smile

RE: Upcoming Features - CoolV1994 - 10-15-2017

I'm currently planning on having the roads just above sea-level so most of the roads will have an open view unless there is a mountain or high terrain in which case the will tunnel through it.
As for the spacing I am planning on having the roads about 200-500 blocks apart so you can easily get around and still have plenty of space for building,
I am only planning on making main roads like highways and smaller roads to get to people houses and other buildings can be player built or build per-request.
Cities will have more roads to connect building and such but most roads will be spaced out with a lot of land in between, like roads out in the country.
This is my plan for the roads I build, HT may have other ideas for roads that he makes.
I do believe all the server roads will be ice roads though so you can quickly travel on boats.

RE: Upcoming Features - G_Pompidou - 10-15-2017

hm. Just my 50c: at least 500 or more blocks. maybe 1000? 200 blocks is NOTHING Smile its pretty cluttered then. 500 blocks --> i can run this distance almost during one daytime.
I see private roads comming at some time too. For the highways, the good thing is you will know where they are, so you can directly aim to one, if you are in need of a safe place. Its not needed to have them in view-sight(?) to each other.

EDIT: danielp says:
What about deserts? and i think it should be more like 1500 to 2thousand. that way they are not in view all the time. it would only take a little bit of travelling to reach one.