Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Smilies "images"??
See attachment. Its a very long post and i used the Exclamation  smiley to mark the points where I ask questions...
Pretty sure its the smileys.  I changed the Exclamation  to the
  •  bla test
But this works only for the start of a sentence.
I wouldnt call it a bug, but had the urge to mention it, because i extra edited those things into the text and then had to edit them out again..  Angel

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Smiles are ideed images. When posting your post, the smiley codes are parsed and converted into images so that they will show up like they're supposed to. They work in the same way as BB Code does, where you only have to use a simple code to format your post and it is then converted into the actual HTML code that your browser needs to display the post properly. It's basically a shortcut so that you don't have to write the image code for each smile. I believe if you don't have spaces on both sides of the smile then the parser won't be able to tell that its a smiley and won't display it properly. As for the image limit in posts, I did not realize that there was one but I will increase that to something more reasonable.
Ah ok. Learned something. Good hint with the spaces before and after. Would be worth a try, if i encounter that problem again.

Increasing the amount.. yeah, i think then i ll even spam them more Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin